MNP Support and Eligibility
Need help in moving to a better connection? Get all your answers here!
What is MNP or Porting?
MNP/ mobile number porting is an excellent way to move to a better connection without changing your current number. As per TRAI guidelines, by using this service you can switch your existing mobile connection from one operator to another operator.
What is the process for MNP?
At 10digi, we follow the process for MNP as laid down by TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India).
To port your number online at 10digi.com:
1. Start by generating a porting code. To do so, send an SMS to 1900 with the text: PORT
2. Now place your porting request at 10digi.com. Choose a connection type and plan for your new connection and then fill in the delivery details.
3. Share the code and required documents ˂document list˃ with the delivery representative.
4. Your number will be ported to new connection in 3 working days.
5. Complete the verification process to activate your new connection.
For more information on porting, you can read this blog click here .
How do I know if I am eligible for porting my number?
TRAI has laid down the following rules for eligibility of mobile number portability:
1. The person willing to port his/her number should have existing number in active state in order to get porting code.
2. The porting code shared should not be expired. (Which means it should be shared within 4 days of generation).
3. The person willing to port number should have spent at least 90 days in the same network.
4. In case of postpaid connection, all the outstanding dues along with extra payment of 3-5 days for porting period should be cleared before porting the number.
How can I generate my porting code?
To generate a porting code, send the below SMS to 1900:
PORT ˂space˃ ˂mobile number˃
What If I am not able to generate a porting code?
Not a problem! If you are eligible for porting, our delivery executive will help you in generating the porting code at the time of delivery.
How long does it take to activate a SIM connection?
As per TRAI guidelines, when you port to a new connection it takes maximum 3 days to activate a number. For this, one should make sure that he/she falls under eligibility criteria and correct documents and information is submitted at the time of digital KYC.
How can I know the reason of my application rejection?
If your application is rejected, you will receive a message from your operator stating the exact reason. In case you don’t get the sms you can also ask your operator by dialling its helpline number.